Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Stories in My Pocket: On being an expert

At the most recent PyRVA meeting, I had the opportunity to coach an aspiring web developer to start his first local web server and view a website that he created. It was truly a privilege to see his excitement. In the realm of web development, this is a very basic step; one that I usually skip because of how routine it is. But being with him, I remember how hard it was to get going, how confusing everything was, how many times you have to hit your head against the wall, and how rewarding it was to accomplish something... anything.
And it got me thinking about this blog. I keep starting blog posts, but so much seems below the threshold of what's "important enough" to say to the world. The truth is, I don't feel like an "expert" at anything, even after more than 20 years making web sites. But to that aspiring developer, I am an expert. And on that day, it made all the difference in his world. So, I aim to share more of what I've been learning with you, with the hope I might make something easier for you.
Read more...


from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...