Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Stories in My Pocket: What is Your Burnout Telling You?

I am glad that mental health is being discussed more often in the programming world. In particular, I would like to thank Kenneth Reitz for his transparency over the last few years and contributing his recent essay on developer burnout.
Having just recently experienced a period of burnout, I would like to share some ideas that might help you skirt by it in your own life.
And, before I go on, let me say loud and clear, there is absolutely no shame in experiencing, or reaching out for help from, anxiety, fear, anger, burnout, depression, or any other mental condition.
If you think you might be struggling with something, please reach out for help! You might have to reach out several times to multiple sources, but remember you are too valuable to waste time with this funk.


Read more...


from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...