Sunday, May 31, 2020

PSF GSoC students blogs: Weekly Check-in #01

<meta charset="utf-8">

Hey all!! I'm Aghin Shah, a 3rd Year CS undergrad from IIT-Madras. I'll be working with DFFML, a sub-org under Python Software Foundation during GSoC on Implementing Distributed Orchestrator and Adding DataFlow tutorials.

 

What did I do this week?

I worked on setting up a DataFlow for coImplementingntinuous deployment of Docker containers. With the new flow, you can push your changes to GitHub, and it'll automatically pull and redeploy the defined containers. I've also been working on adding additional features to the CLI command for creating the DataFlow. We had meetings in the community (on Tuesdays and Fridays). Everyone was updated with the changes in the codebase. I also had an individual meeting with the mentor, where we discussed the possible ways to go about the project.

What is coming up next?

I'll be finishing patches for a couple of issues which I've been working on. I'll also start working on adding basic tutorials for DataFlow.

Did you get stuck anywhere?

There were a few places where I was confused, but my mentor is very active, so most of it was cleared by the day.



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...