Wednesday, July 31, 2019

PSF GSoC students blogs: Weekly Check-in #8

In the past week, I was working on setting up Hadoop and trying to import data from it. I got my PRs reviewed by my mentor and working on the changes he suggested.

What did I do this week?

I had initially set up Hadoop in my Ubuntu system. But setting this up would be difficult in Travis CI. So I was exploring other options. The easy way to do this is through docker but there is no official Hadoop distribution in docker. I was checking out cloudera's quick start VM but when I was trying to set this up my laptop started to hang. I will continue to look into other options. Also my mentor had reviewed my HDFS source PR and guided me on how to proceed further. 

What is coming up next?

I'll have to work on the docker set up for Hdfs source. I'll probably have to write a script or a docker-compose script. MySQL PR had an issue while my mentor was adding a merge test. Will work on that as well. We'll be preparing for a release soon.

Did you get stuck anywhere?

I struggled a bit with the Hadoop set up. My mentor gave me some input on this and hopefully I'll be able to create a docker set up by next week.

 



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...