Sunday, July 25, 2021

Ned Batchelder: Aptus v3

After a hiatus of almost 13 years, I’ve made a new release of Aptus, my Mandelbrot explorer. I got re-interested in it as a way to make Zoom backgrounds during the pandemic.

I started by moving it from Python 2 to Python 3.9. Then the wxPython GUI needed to move up a few versions, but it wasn’t working too well. So I built a new browser-based user interface. A compute server in FastAPI and a UI in vanilla JavaScript are the new GUI.

There are features from the old GUI that aren’t available yet (You Are Here is my favorite), but it’s very usable.

Intricate Mandelbrot



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...