Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Real Python: Python Community Interview With Anthony Shaw

Today I’m joined by Anthony Shaw, global senior vice president for talent transformation and innovation at NTT Ltd. Anthony is also a Real Python tutorial author and has written a new book titled CPython Internals.

In this interview, we discuss a variety of topics, including Python security, advice for beginner developers, and his love for the beach. So without further ado, let’s welcome Anthony.

Ricky:Thanks for joining me, Anthony. I’m glad you could join me for this interview. I’d like to start in the same manner we do with all our guests: how did you get into programming, and when did you start using Python?

Anthony Shaw

Anthony: Hey, Ricky. Thanks for the opportunity to speak to the Real Python readers!

I got into programming in the early ’90s, learning how to write code for devices that were little more than programmable calculators. As a teen, I spent most of my income from a paper round on programming books and computer hardware.

I’m mostly self-taught, starting on some older BASIC-type languages and moving on to OOP languages like C++ and C#. I’d been working with C# .NET for about eight years and discovered Python while contributing to an open source project that needed support for an API I worked on at work.

I learned the basics of Python over a long weekend in 2010 and fell for the language’s flexibility in working with fluid data structures and natural way of using both object-oriented programming and procedural programming.

Ricky:You seem to have gained an interest in Python security lately, having written a PyCharm security plugin and a cross-site scripting library for Django. You even made a video on SQL injection. How are you finding your foray into infosec, and is this a permanent change of focus for you in your career?

Read the full article at https://realpython.com/interview-anthony-shaw/ »


[ Improve Your Python With šŸ Python Tricks šŸ’Œ – Get a short & sweet Python Trick delivered to your inbox every couple of days. >> Click here to learn more and see examples ]



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...