Tuesday, August 25, 2020

PSF GSoC students blogs: Week 12 Check-in

What did you do this week?

This week I started a new PR that adds multimethods for NumPy's random module. This continues the work started by one of my mentors by revising some multimethods and adding new ones as well as important classes like RandomState and Generator along with their methods. The multimethods added so far are manifold and so I won't extend the length of this blog post by enumerating them. You can however read the full list of multimethods in the PR link provided above. I also patched one ongoing PR that added multimethods for statistical functions by refactoring some default implementations. The defaults were redundantly using, in most but not all cases, a helper function for reducing the array argument's dimensions. This was brought to my attention by one of my mentors which resulted in a simple refactoring of the defaults.

What is coming up next?

The final week of GSoC is ahead of me and with that said now is the time to finish my project and write the final report. As for the first, this means mostly concluding the random module PR. If I have time I will also work on the documentation of unumpy's multimethods by linking it to NumPy's documentation through Sphinx. Although this might be an easy task, since this is my first time working with Sphinx I don't have an estimate for how long it will take me to do it. Ultimately, this might have to be done after GSoC has ended. More importantly, this upcoming week I want to focus on writing a good final report to showcase the work done during the program. This is of the utmost importance, as it is a necessary step in order to successfully pass the third and final evaluation.

Did you get stuck anywhere?

There were no blockers this week.



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...