Sunday, August 16, 2020

PSF GSoC students blogs: GSoC: Week #12

Hello!

What did you do this week?

I improved the coordinates generation code according to the feedback I got from my mentors. Now it performs better and is more efficient as only the UDFs which need the coordinates call the generation code. There are quite a lot of ways to read from a HDF5 file, so to find the optimal solution to HDF5’s sync_offset problem, I created another prototype to read binary data from a HDF5 file using indices but it turned out to be 10x slower than reading slices directly using read_direct. I also got a better understanding of the K2-IS dataset’s meta and implementation in LiberTEM.

What is coming up next?

I’ll continue working on HDF5 and K2IS's sync flag. There are a few more things I can do to improve the coordinates generation code, so I’ll work on that. There are also a few bugs to be fixed and usability improvements to be made on the client side before the PR can be merged.

Did you get stuck anywhere?

No.



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...