Tuesday, July 21, 2020

PSF GSoC students blogs: Weekly Blog Post | Gsoc'2020 | #8

Greetings, People of the world!

This week was full of learning. Like seriously I learnt a lot this week specially because I got stuck on something which took me while to figure out.

1. What did you do this week?

This week I added the feature to download customized single icon in PNG format. Along with the image format, the user can also select different sizes of the customized PNG after this feature.

 

2. What is coming up next?

This week, I will be working on a change my mentors suggested. Right now when a user downloads a customized icon, a zip file is created when it is downloaded. So as per suggestion I will be making changes so the icon is downloaded directly in the image format selected.

 

3. Did you get stuck anywhere?

Yes like I said earlier, I did. The problem was with the icons picker API. The async behaviour was causing a problem when I was making png files from svg and zipping them. But eventually after a lot of researching and trying out different ways it was solved



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...