Sunday, July 26, 2020

PSF GSoC students blogs: Week 8 : Testing Phase 1

Hello Everyone!

What did you do this week?

This week I started working on writing tests. Tests are really important to software development. I read on about Pytest and concepts such as mocking. I had an idea of automating the process of clicking buttons, but I realised through the week that it wasn't going to be as easy as that. I had to make minor changes in my code to make it 'testable'. I could accomplish testing of KML Files parsing through lots of research and experimenting. I still have a long way to go!

What is coming up next?

This week will inevitably go into writing (better) tests, and increasing test coverage. I will do my best to provide tests for all the features that I've added in the past 2 months. There are certain other features that my mentor has asked me to modify in the KML Overlay. I will try working on them as well.

Did you get stuck anywhere?

 Writing Tests is quite tough. There is a certain mindset to keep while writing them. For example, I wrote a test designed to throw up an error in the software;all this time I was trying not to cause an error haha.. This is another role , from the other side of the mirror, that I need to get a hang of.

Looking forward to an interesting week :))



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...