Monday, June 1, 2020

PSF GSoC students blogs: Weekly Checkin - 0

Hey, I'm Tanish Grover. I'll be contributing to Mission Support System (MSS) under Python Software Foundation during GSoC'20. I'll be working on improving Mscolab functionalities.

What did you do this week?
I spent the last week of community bonding closing some existing issues in Mscolab to get more familiarized with the codebase. I spent some time reading the PyQt5 documentation and learning how to write better tests. I started designing the admin window and have got a good understanding of exactly what part of the existing codebase I need to update and what I need to add so I would be more efficient when I start coding.

What is coming up next?
This week I would be working on the Mscolab admin dashboard. I would be completing the UI and adding the add/modify/delete functionality.

Did you get stuck anywhere?
I got stuck while fixing an issue which required to import a different file when the test suites are running but I was able to fix it.



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...