Monday, June 29, 2020

PSF GSoC students blogs: Check-in for week 4

1. What did you do this week?

Last week I was mainly polishing my work so far. The unit tests would sometimes fail due to a race condition when the server was not yet ready to accept connections. I now wait until the server is ready and only then start with the test. I also added error handling for cases when the configuration is missing or invalid (and tests for these scenarios). Further, I wrote documentation on how to actually use the Redis integration. Last but not least I benchmarked the code to see how the Redis queue compares to the normal disk queue and to be sure that I did not introduce a performance regression.

2. What is coming up next?

Implementing duplicate filtering with external data sources, for which I already did some work in week #2 when I evaluated disk-less external queues.

3. Did you get stuck anywhere?

No.



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...