Monday, June 1, 2020

PSF GSoC students blogs: Check-in for week 1

1. What did you do this week?

During the community bonding my mentors and I set up a communication channel, i.e. I joined the GSoC channel in ScrapingHub's Slack instance. I also made sure that I am able to work on the Scrapy code base (have all the requirements installed, etc.). Today is the first day where I am working on my project. I am working on a basic integration of Redis into Scrapy.

2. What is coming up next?

This week (week 1) I plan on implementing a new disk-based queue with Redis as a message queue backend. On Tuesday I will have the first weekly meeting with my mentors Adrian, Julio and Nikita.

3. Did you get stuck anywhere?

So far everything is working as expected.



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...