Saturday, May 30, 2020

PSF GSoC students blogs: Weekly Check-in #1

<tt>Hi everyone I am Abhay, I am a cse undergrad from India. </tt><tt>I got selected in TERN sub-org to work on this summer. Tern is container analysis tool.</tt>

<tt>You can read my blog post here to learn more about it.</tt>

<tt>This first of many blog posts to come. So lets get started.</tt>

<tt>What did you do this week ?</tt>

<tt>I started working on creating UI for JSON reports generated by Tern. At first I used json2html library but that gave very ugly results :p. After that I decided to make a tree view for JSON data. I started writing recursive functions to generate the tree-view HTML report. I've opened a PR and making the changes requested by the mentors. I also had my first meeting with my mentors they are very helpful and supportive.</tt>

<tt>Did you get stuck anywhere ?</tt>

<tt>While writing the recursive code I struggled as the drop-down buttons didn't worked. Turns out <ul> tag cannot have another <ul> as its child. I found this with the help of html validator tool.</tt>

What is comping up next?

  • <tt>I have another meeting with my mentors.</tt>
  • <tt>Make changes to the PR requested by mentors.</tt>
  • <tt>Start working on golang modules metadata extraction.</tt>

<tt>Thanks for reading my blog.</tt>

<tt>Over and out.</tt>



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...