Thursday, May 7, 2020

Matt Layman: Remodeling Data Relationships - Building SaaS #55

In this episode, we’re remodeling! I changed the model relationship between GradeLevel and Course from a ForeignKey (1 to many) to a ManyToManyField. We talked through the change and started fixing all the tests that broke. After explaining the change that I wanted to make and why I want to make it, I explained how a foreign key and many to many relationship at the database level. Once we had the conceptual foundation in place, I started with the documentation.

from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...