Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Zato Blog: Accessing cache APIs from command line

In addition to a GUI, Python and REST APIs, it is now possible to access your Zato caches from command line. Learn from this article how to quickly check, set and delete keys in this way - particularly useful for remote SSH connections to Zato environments.

Prerequisites

This functionality will be released in Zato 3.2 (June 2020) - right now, if you would like to use it, Zato needs to be installed from source.

In web-admin

First, let us create a couple of new keys in the GUI - my.key and my.key2 - to work with them later on from command line.

Command line

Now, we can get, set and delete the keys using the CLI. Observe the below and notice that set and delete commands not only carry out what they ought to but they also return the previous value of a given key.

$ zato cache get my.key --path /path/to/server1 ; echo
{"value": "my.value"}
$
$ zato cache get my.key2 --path /path/to/server1 ; echo
{"value": "my.value2"}
$
$ zato cache set my.key my.new.value --path /path/to/server1 ; echo
{"prev_value": "my.value"}
$
$ zato cache delete my.key2 --path /path/to/server1 ; echo
{"prev_value": "my.value2"}
$ zato cache set my.key3 my.value3 --path /path/to/server1 ; echo
{}
$

Back to web-admin

The last command created a new key - we can confirm its existence in web-admin:

Summary

That it is all - as simple as possible, just log in to an SSH server, point your command line to Zato and you can access your caches right away.



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...