Sunday, December 8, 2019

Andre Roberge: pydeps: a very useful program

A few weeks ago, I was doing some refactoring of Friendly-traceback and had some minor difficulty in avoiding the creation of circular imports.  For some reason (age perhaps), I could not visualize the file structure properly.  Enter pydeps.  After I used it to generate a graph for all the files internal to Friendly-traceback, I was able to use that graph to figure out a better way to structure my program.

Today, as I stared at that graph, after including it in the newly styled documentation, I noticed that the "version" file I had created early on, was really redundant since its content (a single variable) could easily be incorporated in the Public API file.



So, one less file to deal with!

I think I am going to use pydeps a lot more from now on when I want to try to understand the how projects are structured, as I do find this type of graph very useful.

from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...