Sunday, August 4, 2019

PSF GSoC students blogs: Coding Period: Week 10

Hey everyone! This is what I did this week. In this phase, I worked mostly on the understanding of mergestate for developing a patch for hg update --abort. This is the last part that I need to complete before GSoC deadline.

What did I do this week?

As stated previously I worked on evolve and was able to get my patches for hg abort for evolve repository merged which included adding support for hg evolve and hg pick. Also, I worked on hg continue support and was able to add support for evolve. I will submit the patch for that once pick is also complete.
As for
hg update --abort I went through the code for hg resolve -u and
also
-at:local. I learned what merge state stores and started writing the code adding --abort flag for hg update.
I also received reviews for the continue patches I sent to the core repo and modified my patches according to that.

What is coming up next?

This week I am planning to complete support for hg continue for evolve. Also, I would send my first patch for hg update --abort.

Did you get stuck anywhere?

I got stuck with the logic of abort flag but @Pulkit pointed me to go through the code and documentation of mergestate which helped me get a better understanding of the workflow.



from Planet Python
via read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

TestDriven.io: Working with Static and Media Files in Django

This article looks at how to work with static and media files in a Django project, locally and in production. from Planet Python via read...